Thursday

Taming Cord Chaos

Cord Cozy

Cord Cozy

Cords drive me crazy.  I don't know why, they just do.  I want them to be tamed.  One look at the picture below and you'll see what I mean.


UGH!  So I started trying to find ways to sort out this mess.  I saw an article where the writer sorted cords using toilet paper tubes and putting them in a larger box.  Great idea, but not so cute to have laying around if you aren't planning on putting the cords out of sight.  I decided to try to make tubes into something I don't mind seeing everyday, plus I loved the idea of upcycling something that gets thrown away on a weekly basis.  You only need three items and you are on your way from chaos to calm.  Some empty toilet paper tubes, scissors and contact paper.
This is such a quick and easy thing to do and you'll be tidying up in no time.  So here's the step by step.


Lay the tube on the contact paper making sure to leave room on either side.









When you cut out the contact paper make sure you cut enough to allow the contact to overlap itself when you roll up the tube.











Once the tube is wrapped, simply tuck and press the end of the contact paper into the inside of the tube.










Now your cord cozy is ready to go.









Gently fold your cords and insert them into the tube.








And now for the big reveal.  This made me smile.  I may be a little O.C.D. and I'm okay with that.  Order gives me peace and isn't that we're all searching for in our own way?  Anywho.  Here it is.

Much better, no?
If you can't find any contact paper you like, no worries, I  found some other contact paper that I think would be cool to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment